Credit Card Deals - Follow the Rules for Smart Borrowing
Most rules are designed for safety and social order. They help us avoid dangerous situations and what's more importantly, unintended consequences that may arise as the result of our actions. It's also true when it comes to borrowing. The credit industry has also certain dos and don'ts, awards and penalties. When following these rules, you may achieve financial success and stay away from heavy debts. Read more about dos and don'ts of smart credit use and learn how to make the most of your plastic money deals!
- Do shop around for the best interest rate. When choosing a new credit card, it's crucial to pick the best deal that suits your score rating. No need to pay high interest rates if your credit is in a good standing. With high interest rates, it will take you longer to pay off the balance. The difference may seem insignificant on the surface but in reality it's rather costly.
- Don't charge more than you can actually afford. This is one of those rules that are overlooked by most borrowers. When obtaining a loan, a borrower is responsible to pay it off. However, people forget about it as soon as they get the loan. When extending your loans too far, you risk ending up in enormous debts, so take your time to weigh all pros and cons before applying for another credit card online.
- Do pay your credit bills on time. Being on time with monthly payments is more essential than some might think. Not only you'll be penalized with a late fee, but your interest rates may turn into default rates which are much higher compared with ongoing ones. All the more so, late payments can lower your FICO score greatly.
By all means, there can be financial emergencies. In this case, try to set priorities on those bills that should be paid. Skipping your cable bill will have less harmful effect on your credit profile than missing your credit card payment.
- Don't carry heavy balances. According to statistics, 45% of cardholders do carry a balance from month to month without noticing how quickly their balances and interest compound. This innocent habit may result in large monthly payments and huge credit debts. Experts recommend paying down loans as quickly as possible. Those people who use plastics as a convenience pay off their balances in full each month, and by the way, they are quite satisfied with those products and services provided by the lenders.
- Do read terms and conditions. When we try to find the best card for our needs, it seems like we get all the necessary information about it from the ads. Those 0% rates and cute benefits will definitely draw our attention. Like it or not, but all the truth about your new credit card is hidden between the lines of the fine print. If you are not that good at legal terminology, ask someone to clear up essential points. It's very important to know about contingencies that may arise.