For example, since the borders of many countries has been closed for an indefinite period thereby making all kinds of traveling abroad in the near future impossible, it became quite hard to earn bonus miles or points with travel credit cards, as well as spend the accumulated ones.
Therefore, many issuers of rewards credit cards began to add new limited time rewards earning and redemption options. We collected rewards programs updates of four large banks in one place:
- New applicants and current cardmembers who have recently opened any of American Express credit cards now have the whole 6 months to earn a sign-up bonus. It means the period for fulfilling the requirements was increased by two times.
- Owners of Platinum credit cards can get up to $20 statement credits per month (maximum $320) on most streaming and wireless phone service purchases from May through December 2020, owners of Green credit cards – up to $10 statement credits per month (maximum $80).
- Amex Delta, Marriott and Hilton co-branded credit cards has increased rewards rates (depending on the card) for supermarket purchases from May through July 2020.
- The issuer added new miles redemption categories for owners of eligible credit cards: Takeout, Food Delivery and Streaming Services on the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card and the Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card; Takeout, Food Delivery and Phone Services on the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business and the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business cards. The offer is available until June 30.
- Customers whose Chase credit cards were opened from January 1 till March 31, 2020 now have 3 more months to spend the necessary amount for receiving a welcome bonus.
- Holders of Sapphire Reserve credit cards with a renewal date between April 1 and July 1, 2020 can get a one-time $100 statement credit to cover the card’s annual fee.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Reserve and most Chase co-branded credit cards bring enhanced rewards (depending on the card) on groceries till June.
- Chase Sapphire and Chase Freedom credit cardholders can earn 5x rewards on up to $500 for DoorDash or Tock purchases. The offer is valid in May.
- Citi customers who applied for one of the bank’s credit cards between December 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020 have three extra months to make the spendings needed to receive a sign-up bonus.
- Holders of Citi Prestige credit cards can use this year’s $250 annual travel credit not only for travel but for grocery store and restaurant purchases.
Read Also Related News
Bankrate has recently conducted a survey of U.S. consumers’ payment habits amid the coronavirus. According to it, the number of Americans paying for grocery purchases with credit cards increased significantly in April and reached 46%....
Recently U.S. News & World Report - a multi-platform publisher of news and information, conducted an online credit card debt survey with more than 1,000 adult respondents. It turned out that a huge number of American cardholders were...
Tis the season to spend money we may not have on things we may not need. As the winter holidays approach, many kids are preparing their letters to the North Pole and dreaming of the presents they hope will be under the tree on Christmas...
I need a credit card with a 0% APR to consolidate several of my credit cards into one payment. Please advise what card I can apply.
There are special credit cards that allow consolidation of other cards’ debts - the balance transfer credit cards. These cards usually come with a 0% intro APR on balance transfer offer. The zero introductory period varies, but as a rule it is between six months and two years. So you can find a credit card with...
The easiest way to find out if you have credit accounts under your name is to request a copy of all your three credit reports: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. The reports contain information about active credit accounts, its issuers, and the information about credit accounts balances. If you want to protect yourself...
To set a PIN on your credit card, you should call the credit card issuer at the number on the back of your credit card and request your PIN. After that, the issuer will mail to you your PIN. In the meantime, if you need cash, you can go to a bank office and present your credit card and picture ID.
The overall process of getting a credit card can take up to 30 business days. To know the status of your credit card applications you should contact the credit card issuer. A quick online search for the bank or credit card issuer's name should turn up a customer service phone number or email address. Banks and credit card...